Sunday, October 14, 2012

Allergies



I've suffered from allergies pretty much my whole life, but its progressed with each year. I'm not sure what factors are completely involved in it but I believe it's the ever changing weather and the population boost in Phoenix. I've heard from several people who have moved here that they are now suffering from allergies whereas they never suffered from them before. I would like to better understand this phenomena, but I think its pretty simple: Weather and pollution. I have seen a doctor for my allergies and have been prescribed a few things, and the medications that works best for me are Prednisone and SingularWhile these medications work, they do have potential side effects. I sometimes get headaches and nauseousness with the Singular. I haven't experienced anything outstanding with the Prednisone but I don't take it as much as the Singular and I also tend to take both medications at night before bed. Never at the same time though. I was also prescribed a nasal spray that I use for days when its not so tough, but I could use a little help. I've also been told by a nurse that the over the counter medication, Zyrtec, works well. I have yet to try it but I probably will someday considering the price of some medication. I also find that having an air purifier running in the room, especially at night, helps with allergies. It cleanses the air of any nasty pollution. This also helps for asthma, which I also suffer from.

Suffering from allergies is a big bummer as it tends to be year round. If anyone knows of any good allergy medications, please let me know, or share your diagnosis.


No comments: